Nitrous Oxide in Helps Children Feel At Ease
At Growing Smiles, our team offers nitrous oxide for young patients who are in need of a mild anxiolytic to comfortably experience dental care. Dr. Kristin, Dr. Reena, and the rest of our team recommend this treatment option in the following circumstances:
- Your child has a very strong fear of dental care.
- Your child is in need of an overly lengthy or complex procedure.
- Your child is afraid of needles/receiving shots.
- Your child has overly sensitive teeth and/or an overly sensitive gag reflex.
- Your child is unable to become numb properly.
- Your child has had a traumatic dental care experience in the past.
Nitrous oxide is also commonly known as “laughing gas,” and is designed to help your child reach a genuinely relaxed state during their appointment. Your child will breathe in the gas, and within minutes, they should feel calmer and more pleasant while still being able to respond to verbal commands from our doctors and team members. Better yet, the effects of nitrous oxide typically wear off within minutes, which means your son or daughter will be fully recovered in no time. Contact our Chicago practice today if you have any questions or concerns for us, or if you’re ready to schedule a first visit!